Now Hiring Professionals
Jobs for Experienced Dog Walkers and Pet Sitters in Washington, DC Available Now!
We strive to hire the best talent! Jobs are currently available for experienced pet sitters and dog walking professionals.
- We are very selective and hire less than 1 in 100 applicants.
- Dog walking candidates must be available during our primary hours, Monday – Friday 10 – 3.
- Overnight pet sitters must be willing to work 7 pm to 7 am.
- Please review our description carefully and before applying ask yourself if the owner would trust you to watch her dog.
- Our company values experience, professionalism, customer service, and training/education. We are happy to train the right person.
- You must be willing to drive up to 20 minutes to get to a client and also drive a pet to the vet in the event of an emergency.
- We value diversity and inclusion.
- You are required to use our client app. You must have a cell phone and use email.
- Applicant must be able to work independently and be prepared for emergencies.
- We encourage veterans and military family members to apply.
- You must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- This is a long term commitment as there is a cost for bringing a new dog walker or pet sitter on board.
- You must be able to work holidays as this is our busy time.
Pet Caregivers – Dog Walkers, Pet Sitters
- You will take pride in your work and feel confident working for a reputable licensed, bonded, and insured company.
- Unlimited earning potential! The commissioned based model pay offers you the opportunity to bring in new clients and therefore increase your pay. We provide materials for promoting services to prospective clients.
- Ability to work independently.
- Great flexible opportunity for retirees and military spouses.
- Applicant must be familiar with positive basic manners training, pet body language, pet health, administering medicine, pet food, and pet first aid and CPR training OR be willing to complete these requirements before providing services to clients.
- You must pass a background check, drug test, and personal and professional reference check.
- Applicant must be committed to the company and looking for long-term work.
- 6-month-minimum commitment.
- Car and valid driver’s license required.
Our team must think on their feet. Please describe how you would handle these three case based scenarios and answer the two supplemental questions. Please send your responses to [email protected] There are no right or wrong answers. Those who best handle the situations will be invited to complete an application and schedule an in-person interview.
- You are on a consultation with a potential client and their dog is showing signs of aggression. The dog is guarding their owner and growling at you. How would you handle the situation?
- You are told to administer medication in pill form to a cat who is not cooperating. At the sight of the pill pocket the cat runs and hides under the bed. You approach the bed and he hisses at you. What would you do to calm him down and administer the medication?
- A client asks if you would take a sitting job on the side to save them money. How would you handle the situation?
- Do you have reliable transportation to service our areas which may not be by a metro?
- Why do you want to work for Patriotic Paws Dog Walking?
You are required to read this blog from another pet professional before applying. The job is not about petting puppies and playing with kittens. You must know how to handle emergency situations for example when the dog you are walking suddenly gets attacked by an off leash dog or runs away and cats that are unpredictable when you try to administer meds.
To apply please send your responses to [email protected]
Social Media Interns
Please send us a brief cover letter describing the work you are interested in, your background, and why you are interested in interning with us.
To apply please send your responses to [email protected]com