When booking services with Patriotic Pet Care, LLC, client agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
Pet Care – Terms and Conditions
- Client authorizes Patriotic Pet Care, LLC to perform pet care services as outlined in Client Profile, Pet Profiles, and Policy and Procedures, which shall become part of this contract.
- If a pet becomes injured or ill while under the care of Patriotic Pet Care, LLC, Client authorizes the representative of Patriotic Pet Care, LLC to transport pet to veterinarian in the Pet Profile (or one who is available) if this is needed in his/her best judgment.
- Client authorizes said representative to approve any emergency treatment recommended by the veterinarian, and Client releases Patriotic Pet Care, LLC from any and all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense.
- Client must have either a credit card on file with the veterinarian’s office or a credit card on the pet profile page in the online portal.
- Client agrees to reimburse Patriotic Pet Care, LLC for any additional fees for tending to emergency or veterinary care as well as any expenses incurred for any other unexpected home, food, or other supply needs.
- Client agrees that payment is due before services begin. Customer agrees that interest on unpaid bills accrues at 10% per month. Client agrees to pay the reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs if this account is sent to collection.
- Client understands that if scheduled visits must be extended Patriotic Pet Care, LLC requires direct confirmation (not a phone message or email) for the unscheduled visits. This is to avoid the possibility of missed messages which could result in interrupted care of pets.
- Client acknowledges that they are hiring the company Patriotic Pet Care, LLC and not an individual pet care giver. All pet care givers are fully vetted and deliver the same level of quality care and service. It is important to complete the pet information worksheet so that the company can share accurate information with the pet care giver.
- Client acknowledges that drop-in visits and dog walks are booked within a 3-hour window: early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, evening. Specific service times are only available for extended services including overnight sitting, events, and hourly sitting.
Liability – Terms and Conditions
- Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Patriotic Pet Care, LLC, its team of pet caregivers and associates.
- It is expressly understood and agreed that Patriotic Pet Care shall not be held responsible for any damage to Client’s property, or that of others, caused by Client’s pet(s) during the period in which the pets are in the care of Patriotic Pet Care, LLC.
- It is client’s responsibility to notify Patriotic Pet Care, LLC of any pet that has ever caused an injury to any human or other pet.
- If a pet has a history of biting or other aggressive behavior, Patriotic Pet Care, LLC reserves the right to refuse service. Bites must be reported to the local authorities as provided by law. The owner will be liable for the representative’s medical care expenses and damages that result from
an animal bite.
- Client acknowledges Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is not able to participate in “shared” services. Nobody other than Patriotic Pet Care, LLC should be entering the client’s home while Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is contracted to care for their pets. Should another party outside of Patriotic Pet Care, LLC enter the client’s home, Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is released of any and all liability.
Pet Policies – Terms and Conditions
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC requires client’s dog to be on a leash when outside.
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is unable to provide dog park visits.
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC will only let client’s dog off-leash in a completely fenced in backyard with a high fence.
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC does not permit the use of choke collars, e-collars, or retractable leashes. While your dog may be trained to walk properly with us you never know what hazards, including vicious animals or bad drivers, we may encounter on our walks.
- For cat owners who are traveling Patriotic Pet Care, LLC requires daily cat visits. Every other day visits are not permitted.
- For dog owners who are traveling Patriotic Pet Care, LLC require overnight visits. Patriotic Pet Care, LLC will not offer multiple drop-ins which leave your dog alone for extended periods of time.
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is unable to accept requests to “ignore a pet.” For example, when traveling we cannot ignore a client’s two cats and only provide care for the dog.
Future Services – Terms and Conditions
- Client authorizes this agreement to be valid approval for future services so as to permit Patriotic Pet Care to accept my email or Time To Pet Scheduling requests and enter my premises without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
Scheduling – Terms and Conditions
- All scheduling requests and changes must go through the online portal or directly to the management team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clients are not permitted to contact a pet care giver directly for scheduling.
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC does not book specific times for drop-in visits or walks and will confirm your visit within a 3-hour window: early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon.
Right to Use Video and Photos – Terms and Conditions:
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC may use your pet’s image or video on the company’s social media pages or website. Images and videos will be unidentifiable and masked with a different neighborhood location and different pet name.
Cancellation Policy – Terms and Conditions
- Daily Walks and/or Drop-In Cat Visits must be canceled 24 hours in advance to receive a credit. Cancellations within 24 hours will be billed at the regular rate.
- Clients who participate in the weekly or monthly care program and must cancel a visit we are unable to provide a credit or refund.
- Overnight Care must be canceled 3 days in advance to avoid a cancellation fee.
- For Overnight Care canceled within 2 days of the start of service you will be billed 20% of the total cost of service for the scheduled visit.
- For cancellations within 24 hours of the start of service you will be charged 50% of the total cost of service for the scheduled visit.
- Refunds are not permitted if you leave later than expected or return early. Please understand that the Patriotic Pet Care, LLC team made time for your visits and may have turned other people down to allow time for your pets.
- The cancellation policy will be enforced to cover administrative time and expense.
Additional Charges and Fees – Terms and Conditions:
- HOLIDAY FEES: We charge a holiday fee of $25 per visit on the following holidays: New Years Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (all day), Christmas Day. Our pet caregivers will be taking time away from their loved ones on these special days to care for your loved one.
- LOCKOUT SERVICE CHARGE: Lock out service starts at $250
- PET FOOD/SUPPLIES PROCUREMENT FEE:
In case there is not enough food left for your pet, we will notify you and and then head to the pet store to purchase more. You will be provided with the receipt and invoiced for the cost of food plus a $25 transportation fee.
- KEY RETURN FEE: In case you discontinue our services, we will return your keys by mail upon request. The fee will be $5. If you need them to be dropped off, we can arrange that as well for a $25 fee. We are unable to return keys inside client’s home at the end of the visit unless the client has confirmed that they have arrived back in town.
- CONSULTATION: There is a one-time consultation fee of $25. If you request additional consultations a $25 fee will be incurred for each visit.
Severe Weather Service Changes – Terms and Conditions:
- If the Federal Government or Wmata close Patriotic Pet Care, LLC will plan to close for daytime walks. Patriotic Pet Care, LLC will reach out to all scheduled pet parents to discuss if arrangements are still needed or not. Patriotic Pet Care, LLC has found that if the weather is bad most DC residents will telework or have the day off and get to stay home and a walk is no longer needed.
- If a severe weather event or national emergency is upon us and you have a pet sitting scheduled Patriotic Pet Care, LLC may need to arrive early to ensure that we can get to your pets to provide service.
- Client agrees to make arrangements to shovel their driveway and/or sidewalk as Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is unable to assist.
- Patriotic Pet Care, LLC typically requests the name and phone number of a trusted neighbor who may provide care if Patriotic Pet Care, LLC is unable to reach client’s home due to extreme weather conditions and road closures.
Patriotic Pet Care, LLC understands the importance of your pet(s) to you, and we will provide the best in care while your pet(s) are in our care.
Before scheduling service clients must read and agree to the aforementioned Terms and Conditions which are a part of this Service Agreement.